Telepathy plug in missing

No matters what I did, telepathy is not showing on the toolbars and its component become a white space holder on the Grasshopper canvas. I’ve tried:

• Copied & pasted the .gha file to the same place with other plugin .gha files
  • Used Package Manager to install it as shown below but the problem persists.

Anyone?

I’m currently using Telepathy in my definitions, I’m on Windows, Rhino 8 SR7 (8.7.24103.7001, 2024-04-12), and I have never experienced any issue whatsoever in R7 or any release of R8

Just as cross check, did you right click on the downloaded .gha file and unblock it?

if you can and want to post the GH file, I can crosscheck if it works on my machine

Well the thing is I am in charge of about 20 PCs in my office for Grasshopper and this particular PC is the only one that has this issue.
The GH file is open fine by other PCs so I don’t think that is the issue. Telepathy doesn’t even show up on the toolbar to begin with although it said it has been installed (yes I did restart not just Rhino but the PC).
Yes I know about unblocking .gha file and I did but that wasn’t the issue…’
All of our PCs run on the latest R7 if that helps. The .gha file I used is the same one on other 19 PCs. Then I also tried to download a new one from food4Rhino website.
This is very strange to me and I’ve been creating plugin for my office for about 3 years haha.

well, man, it looks like you are the one who should instruct me on what to do then :slight_smile:

I guess you have installed many plugins on all the PCs, and Telepathy is the only one which is not working, and only on that one PC
so that one PC does have other plugins that are working just fine?

haha I am afraid that I am missing something so obvious so all suggestions are appreciated.
Yes all other plugin works for that PC, only Telepathy does not. And it is too late to delete all Telepathy components off the script by now :frowning:

it’s a long shot, but maybe try starting that PC’s rhinoceros in Safe Mode? And what happens if you load GH plugin’s one by one, starting with Telepathy and not-loading the rest?

Have you tried searching the drive(s) to check you don’t have more than one copy of the plugin on that pc?

Thanks guys, currently I don’t have access to this PC so I will be back in a few days!

So turns out there was another copy of Telepathy in the drive (I found 2 before so didn’t think there is a 3rd!) apparently the user has attempted to fix it couple of times before hence multiple copies everywhere.
Another reason why I didn’t pick this up is because normally GH on start up will ask to pick the .gha file if there are multiple instances right (we have memory load unchecked). However it does not with this 3rd copy and I don’t know why.

1 Like