System.Net.WebException when getting license on startup of Rhino

Hello Forum,
When I try to start Rhino7, I get the following exception and cannot get a license. How can I solve this problem?

Error converting value “System.Net.WebException, System.Net.Requests, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a” to type ‘System.Type’. Path ‘Lease Tokens.59ff75c9-9c71-4ef8-a290-6b590f3fc63a.LastUpdateExceptionInfo.InnerExceptionInfo.InnerExceptionInfo.Type’,
line 1, position 3510.

license getting error

The same screen appears repeatedly even after Retry.
If I Cancel, the program terminates without obtaining a license as shown below.

not found

Hi -

Which version of Rhino 7 are you trying to run?
I don’t see a license for Rhino 7 in your Rhino Account…
-wim

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

Which version of Rhino7 are you trying to run?

The version I use is 7.20.22193.9001.

I don’t see a license for Rhino 7 in your Rhino Account…

How did you verify my Rhino account? If you verified it with the email address registered in this forum, it was old and I changed it to the same one as your Rhino account.

I solved this problem by deleting the following folder.

%APPDATA%\McNeel\Rhinoceros

Hi,
I’m having a similar issue today with V7.22.22255.5001, after installing V-Ray 6… I uninstalled V-Ray and tried to repair V7 installation, but the issue is still there
I uninstalled Rhino, and installed again with the same version, but nothing works.
I have V8 wip installed and I don’t have any problem with it.

I don’t want to delete any important folder, can you help me?

I could solve the issue by opening Rhino in another PC previously used with the same email for registration. After I closed Rhino on the other PC, I could lunch V7 on the main computer.

Glad you got it sorted!

For anyone else reading this, if you run into the same error message in Rhino 7, it can be resolved by starting Rhino 8 WIP and running the _Logout command. You should then be able to log back into Rhino 7.

4 Likes