Switch http://accounts.rhino3d.com is hard

Hi @aj1,

I would like to have more than one rhino3d account, one for discourse, one for licenses, etc.

Switching between these accounts is hard, because cookie autorecognition. I had to delete all cookies from rhino3d.com and mcneel.com to make this happen. A normal user with more than one account will be lost.

Please try this yourself, and improve it for more accounts.

Thanks

Michael

Hi @Michael_Meyer thank you for the feedback. You are right, currently it is not convenient to juggle multiple Rhino accounts at the same time on the same user agent. We will work on making it less painful over time.

Thanks,
AJ

1 Like

HI @aj1 , i was wondering if this problem has gotten a solution ?

Kindest,
Liam

My alternative would be to use Incognito for my second account. but that is very inconvenient…

It was hard before, but these days, I can switch between multiple accounts easily. I don’t remember there was something I did. My environment is pretty normal. Win 11, Chrome.

Hi, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Use multiple accounts in Rhino? Discourse?

Hi Andres,

I have two accounts, one at work and one personal.
Im looking to access my personal account at work, however it automatically logs back into the work email everytime I logout and back in again

Hope this makes sense.

0.gif

I see. What service/product are you trying to login to? Rhino Accounts itself will support multiple accounts, but services that use it (such as Discourse or Rhino) may or may not depending on the specifics.

Just Mcneel forum Andres.

0.gif

Gotcha. Unfortunately the way that Discourse is linked to Rhino Accounts does not currently allow automatic switching of users :frowning:

Discourse is of course a third-party product not developed by us so we have a limited ability to change the way it works.

It’s been a few years since I’ve last looked at it so maybe something has been added to allow this functionality, although I am not aware of it at this point.