Surface view acts weird

Hi!
I made sphere and cut it a little bit. Then used cap and exploded it.And then joined… Exploding does not change it back… Can’t get it to look normal anymore. Render view looks same…
I tried to change render mesh quality, but did not help.

shaded view problem.3dm (483.4 KB)

Using R6.

Wagner

I think this is the problem. if yoy split the shpere with those circles in another angle. it works ok.

Yes I got it work :slight_smile: Thanks Diego!

I love Rhino because there is usually allways option to make things using 2-3 different methods. If one does not work, you can try an other method. Very often it is not possible in parametric softwares :slight_smile:
This started from 2d drawing and that is why sphere “edge” is on that position.

But anyway, I think it should not work like that…

Wagner

Hi Wagner - when I untrim the sphere and then trim with the one curve that is on the seam of the sphere, I am warned that a bad object is created. I’ve reported this as RH-59150 so that a developer can have a look to see if that can be avoided. Having good geometry coming out of commands is the first step to having display meshes that are behaving correctly.
Thanks for reporting,
-wim

Hi Wim!
Thanks for answering!
I split the sphere with extruded square (all 4 splits at the same time). It said nothing about bad objects :frowning:
Wagner

Hi Wagner -

Please run

-CheckNewObjects

(with the dash) and make sure that Check=Yes.
It’s possible that it already is set to yes…

Your original square is not in that file and when I untrimmed the caps and recreated a square from those, then extruded, then split the sphere, I didn’t get the misbehaving display mesh here.
If you are able to reproduce that from input curves and clear steps, please let us know.
-wim

Hi!
Please check file :slight_smile:

shaded view problem RHINO 6.3dm (1.0 MB)

Wagner

Thanks!
I see that you don’t get a warning in Rhino 6. This appears to have been fixed in Rhino 7 and, there, the resulting object is considered to be a bad object.
-wim

Ok, nice to hear, fixed on next Rhino :slight_smile: Great job!

Wagner