SubD Columns

Does anyone have any idea how can I model this?

1 Like

SubD is available in Rhino 7 or WIP

subd_mesh_diagrid_multipipe.gh (13.5 KB)

1 Like

In Rhino 6 you can use Weaverbird to subdivide a mesh and then Fattener to create the “piped” structure

mesh_catmull_clark_fattener.gh (9.5 KB)

You’ll find the Fattener here

2 Likes

Oh my god! I am seriously soo stunned by your knowledge, @martinsiegrist Sir. I just couldn’t believe that you achieved the desired output in just a couple of minutes and that too by using very few components. I have been trying to make this geometry from a very long time and couldn’t achieve it! I couldn’t thank you enough for this. You are a gem, @martinsiegrist . Thank you so much for helping me.

PS. Could you please also achieve the below-posted geometry(Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport Terminal Columns by SOM Architects)
Thanks in advance sir.

Thank you. I’ve been doing stuff like that for a while…

The second example looks like a SubD based model.

The basic structure can be built with the part I provided in the example, just add planar meshes with the same number of faces in between.

mesh_catmull_clark_picture_frame_thicken.gh (18.7 KB)

It’s much easier to control which edges are smooth or creased on SubD compared to the mesh based approach:

subd_picture_frame_thicken.gh (35.7 KB)

2 Likes

@Joseph_Oster @HS_Kim Maybe you guys can help us! Please look into this query and guide us! Thanks in advance!

Hello @martinsiegrist , is there a way that I can morph a module in these Subd columns , you can see and get the module from the Gh script that I have posted!