Someone seems to be using my floating license

I have professional license for R7 which I share between a desktop and laptop (not at the same time) with the Zoo.
Recently when I start Rhino I often get the warning “Your license is or was in use on (name of random computer I don’t recognise) Do you want to keep using Rhino here?”
If I accept, it works, I’m just puzzled as I have never shared my license with anyone. Is there any way to get IP address of who is using it or somehow locking the license so it can only float among a set if pre-approved computers?

The next time this happens, say “no” and Rhino will not start.
Go to Rhino Accounts
Click on your Personal licenses.
If they are actively using it, click on the license and it will tell you the email address and computer name of who is using it.

The “Historical usage” button will show you recent usage.

That said, every time you switch computers, you should be being asked that “Do you want to use your license here?” question.

2 Likes

Thanks John, will try next time it happens. But then I guess than other than sending a strong worded email I can’t stop this person from using my license?

I’m used to accepting this message when I switch computers, what is unusual is the unknown computer name.

If it really is some one else, change your account password and turn on 2FA to send a code to your mobile.

1 Like

Would they need my login details or just the rhino license number?

Since your license is in the Personal licenses in your login account, it can not be used anywhere else.

They would need your account credentials to get access to it.

1 Like