[Solved] Rhino 5 Command prompt and menu bar disappears after fullscreening

Hi,

I’ve just setup recently on a new computer running on Windows 10 Rhino5. Here’s the issue: whenever I maximise the window, either by dragging the handle to the top of the screen, or by using the button, a certain section at the top of the screen doesn’t recognise Rhino’s existence. This section usually appears a little above the entry box for the command prompt, but sometimes includes the area of the command prompt completely.

Everything is unresponsive above this area: the Menu bar (File, Edit, View…), and even the handle itself (minimize, maximize and close buttons included). The handle is drawn but does not pick up mouseclicks; instead, the mouseclicks “fall through” the window to whatever that is behind it.

Keystrokes are registered properly; only mouseclicks are not.

If I undock one of the toolbars, and redock it, the functionality of all these things come back again, and the menu items will redraw if I hover above them. If I restore the window (make it smaller than maximised) then everything redraws.

Has anybody come across this weird bug before?

Hello - what monitor(s) and video card are you using?

-Pascal

I’m using Dell P2717H (two monitors, actually), and an Nvidia Quadro P1000 for the video card.

Hi @pascal,

I realised after this discussion that I’ve forgotten to update my drivers – after an update of the monitor’s drivers and also the video card, everything works fine now.

Thanks for your help. Pretty ashamed I hadn’t thought of this…

Wyton