Slider animation produces duplicated frames

Hi everyone,

It seems to me, that each of the frames of the animation takes too much time to compute, so the generation of images and the slider advance get messed, they are not fully sync, as if the frame was captured before the computation was finished. As a result, from time to time I get duplicated frames when they should be different (maybe 1 out of 4).

The problem is not that I asked for more frames that slider positions (I carefully checked that).

Thanks in advance!

Do you have your slider set to floating point with sufficient digits? (in the menu from right clicking the slider and Edit)
Are you using anything like Kangaroo, Galapagos or other iterative plugins or scripts?
Definitions composed of only ‘regular’ components should always complete before the frame captures, but iterative things often need a slightly different approach.

Hi Daniel, thanks for your response.

The slider is fine, only with integers and the right amount.
But I am actually using Wallacei to generate random outputs, so that could be the cause…

I wonder if there is a way to force a timing for each one of the slider numbers.
Otherwise I will have to create a random output for the sliders affecting the definition (shouldn’t be difficult but tedious).