Simulating Screen Printing on Glass Bottle

I have seen some posts that are “close” to this, but none quite address the challenge. I have a model of a clear glass spirits bottle that I want to simulate screen printing onto. Challenges include:

• image only on outer surface
  • possibly having different surface images. Let me explain. If you screen print onto a glass bottle it can, of course, be viewed from both sides even though it is only on the outer surface. Since inks can be opaque the order and nature of printing the different colours can mean that the print looks different from the front than it does when looking through the glass.
  • The graphic may have to wrap completely around the bottle

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Rhino V8 on Windows, and V-Ray 6.2.

Hi Rob - I don’t know about what trickery VRay has to offer but in plain Rhino this is not straightforward if I understand what you are after.

-Pascal

An imperfect solution would be to do layers of surfaces that are just like the paint - each a different color, each offset a tiny bit from the one underneath it.

I’m by no means an expert… but I would definitely agree with that. LOL.

Interesting approach. As you say, imperfect solution, but possibly a solution. Now I just have to figure out how to do THAT. LOL