Maybe someday.
Indeed.
I found this option to be very problematic, and had alot of failures.
I’ll need to study this more.
I’ll take this into more consideration.
I’m shocked, it seems you were able to have success with much fewer steps than I did, and you were able to get it to have it forgive larger gaps I think, not to mention the mesh overlapping areas.
Maybe something improved on recent R8 updates…
I’d be more interested to see your parameters inbetween those middle two states. I’m surprised to see that transition succeed at that point so quickly. Looks like the tools are dealing very well with gaps and overlaps – I’m very surprised. Because, even with those green patches, I remember there being many issues with gaps and mesh overlaps between the original two meshes that I manually trimmed and aligned.
Also, the main problem I had is the shrinkwrap ended up creating a very complex solid-shell that was a nightmare to split apart, even though that’s what I ended up doing to get everything to eventually work.
I’m mostly curious how tightly your shrinkwrap was able to conform to the messy mesh, and any control you had over the conformation, and also mesh density composition.
I also like the final quad remesh on the left, but am curious about the parameters of that dialogue as well.
Overall looks very good at a glance. I just wish Rhino could align the original scanned meshes too
and wish iphone could scan better lol.
R8 is coming along very awesome though ![]()