SelName Rhino crash (WIP 5D177w)

SelName> selection> enter> Rhino crash

1 Like

I have found some possible bug on the latest WIP - maybe related to the german language or to the Archicad-Connection? It is not possible for me to change any number value in Grasshopper on my Mac - (no problem an Win-PC)

I’m not able to reproduce this. Here is what I’m doing to test it…

1. Create a Box and select it.
  2. In the object properties menu, I’m naming this box foo.
  3. Run SelName.
  4. From the dialog, selecting foo and pressing enter …I’m now editing the name of foo.

No crash. Can you please give more information? Do you think this is related to running in Italian? (I have yet to test that).

I have found some possible bug on the latest WIP - maybe related to the german language or to the Archicad-Connection? It is not possible for me to change any number value in Grasshopper on my Mac - (no problem an Win-PC)

Hi @Heimo_Mooslechner-

Thanks for reporting this. It’s a known bug (RH-36533) …it turns out the number is just not visible…as a temporary workaround, you can just type “10” (or whatever) and press enter and it will stick.

We’ll get that fixed soon.

Also, in the future, can you please report these issues in separate topics in the Grasshopper for Mac category? Thanks.

Best,
-Dan

Hi @dan
Here’s a video using the command in English.
I point out that I can NOT press enter keyboard but only “fine” in the dialog box.

Thanks for the video @zsimon! Unfortunately, following your steps (RhinoWIP 5D177w running in Italian), I still can’t get a crash. Did you submit a crash report?

What happens when your 3DConnexion device is disconnected?

Hi @dan

I sent you an accident report
I just tried to disconnect the 3d Connexion.
Same result. Rhino closes.

Got it. I see it. Thanks for submitting the crash dump. Logged in RH-37393.