Selecting items from a list based on a variable imput

Hello,

In my file I have a polygon with a variable number of sides. Circles are drawn on the triangle, and a new profile is created, which can still retain a variable number of sides. I have created tangent arcs from the endpoints of the profile, and need to sweep individual segments of the profile along specific arcs.

This can be done because I still have the original components of the profile, but I am having trouble finding how to select, for example, the two closest arcs to the midpoint of a given component of the profile.

Thank you,

Sept 22 Grasshopper Plan 1.gh (80.5 KB)


Reminds me of Rail Revolution.

Remarkably close, eh :interrobang: Maybe the same?

But to answer your original question, I added the white group which removes a duplicate arc and shifts the list of base segments.


Plan 1_2024Sep22a.gh (33.8 KB)

Thanks, RailRev worked like a charm.