Section tools - Can't see Geometry that's NOT CUT on 2D Layout/Nested Layout

On a show, and I really need this to work. I got it to work once, but now I can’t seem to get the 2D Layout to show the Geometry that NOT cut.

UPDATE: At this point (for anyone who sees this) it seems like the say to do this is to Make 2D of section view from selected viewport, and then do a 2D Layout (or Nested Layout) from menu, and then just place the Layout Hatch/Crvs on top of the Make 2D crvs.

If anyone else finds a one-step solution, I’m all ears. Otherwise this works well.

Hi @Alan_Farkas
You probably already worked around this issue. For the future, if you like to show the objects behind the cut, Layout is probably not the best to use. stViewSections works better. It clips the view in display, and you can see the geometry behind the cut.

and a late reply to your response. It still seems in order to make a drawing of the section, I’d have to still do Make 2D of what’s on the screen, and Layout to get the hatching

Also: With stViewSections, it seems I can’t choose which hatch is used. It comes in solid, which isn’t good for my needs.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Hi @rajaa

and a late reply to your response. It still seems in order to make a drawing of the section, I’d have to still do Make 2D of what’s on the screen, and Layout to get the hatching
Also: With stViewSections, it seems I can’t choose which hatch is used. It comes in solid, which isn’t good for my needs.
Thoughts?

You should be able to change that. Try to run Rhino hatch command and apply the desired hatch pattern to some boundary (that loads standard Rhino hatches). Now when you run stCreate, you should see few choices in HPattern option. If you have already created the section, you can run stEditSections and change the pattern from there.

Understood with Hatch, will try that.

But instead of stView, I’m looking to have a 2D layout of the section, including the lines that are Sectioned, the hatches, and the Solid elements that are not sectioned - I get three layers when I do 2D Layout command, but the “solid” layer I always empty. Assuming this is the geometry that has not bee sectioned. Would be REALLY helpful for this to actually be doing something. Thoughts?

Thx