Scaling issue

Hello,

I am trying to model a bridge in grasshopper and through tekla live link it appears very little in tekla, at first I tought my live link didn’t work but then when I zoomed in a lot I saw my model in the left bottom corner. I am using Tekla structures 2022 and Rhino 7.

Here is a picture of how it looks.

It seems your rhino units are not correct!

Hello again,

What can I do to adjust them can you help me out I am new to Rhino!

Cheers

‘View | Display Options… | Units’ ?

Hello, I have found that but when I change the values, nothing changes in Tekla or rhino, but sometimes disappear if I put eg. Absolute tolerance to 0.1 or 1. Is there a specific value needed for the model scaling to match in both programs?

Cheers

Hi Sonil,

To avoid confusion it’s normally good to keep the same units between the Rhino and Tekla model. If using metric I’d recommend mm. After you’ve changed the units in Rhino you need to save and reload the model to make sure they are properly taken into account.

Then re-reference any input geometry for the Grasshopper definition, like the road alignment, from the correctly scaled Rhino model. And make sure your grasshopper sliders and other numerical inputs are adjusted to using a mm range (i.e. that distance values are something like 1000 rather than 1).

Cheers,

Sebastian

2 Likes

Thank you very much Sebastian! Now I understand better how scaling works in Rhino and my model appears the same size in Tekla as well.

Once again thanks a lot!

1 Like

One more thing to make life easier (for the benefit of others searching this topic) - if changing the units to mm in Rhino, also take a look at the grid spacing (Tools > Options… > Grid) and set that to something sensible like 1000 mm.

-b

Yes, that is exactly what I did to get it right, hope it helps others in future.

1 Like