Root Element Missing - V Ray

Greetings,

I am trying out a demo of V Ray for Rhino which I think lasts 30 days and at this point my trial has not ended yet. I own a Windows computer.I haven’t been on Rhino in over a week after trying out V Ray, which was working and all the tool bar icons where present when I just downloaded the trial. Now I cannot find the menu bar icons for the V Ray tools and when I try to activate V Ray as my current render, I get a message that the root element is missing. I have looked at another forum post where someone provided a path to the file in Windows Explorer to try and fix that problem but I have tried to type that path and it did not lead me to anything. A few times when I typed that path, it lead me to a web browser where there was nothing found. Here is the path for people’s reference.

"C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\PanelingTools {6CAED836-BC06-4EBC-B1FD-E10886A0DC94}\2012.8.29.114 "

Does anyone know if there is any other way for me to fix this root element issue and if not, could someone give me some tips as to how to input the domain correctly to try to fix the problem that way?

Thank you very much for your help and time with this!

I don’t know V-Ray, but did you remember to change in the path the bit username to what your username is on your machine?

If I had this installed on my machine it would be Nathan, i.e. C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\PanelingTools {6CAED836-BC06-4EBC-B1FD-E10886A0DC94}\2012.8.29.114

/Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Yes, I put my own username and still cannot seem to find anything.

Thank you for your help!