RIR very slow/crashing in Revit 2021

@kike Ok so I’ve done some more testing.

Element parameter component
I managed to get the filters to work which speeds things up. However the slowness I reported with the Element Parameter notes relates to Key Schedule Parameters. It takes about x4 longer than a standard project/shared parameter. Not sure why it is so slow and if there is a filter that will work with Key Schedule Parameters?

Components refreshing
I am still getting components re-triggering when an unconnected component is placed on the canvas. The element parameter component doesn’t seem to be the problem (anymore). All of these components I replaced just to be sure.

From my tests it looks as through it is the Element geometry component. (see here for possibly a related problem). Basically as soon as I have the element geometry component active and place a panel on the canvas (unconnected) the cursor wheel spins.

This was happening before and now when I’ve gone back to re-test, it isn’t happening. I’m wondering if it is the graphical element node. When I re-open the Revit file, I get an error message saying it can’t find the element reference. Not sure why it does this or if I am doing something wrong.

But what eventuates is a list of nulls coming out of the component. Does te graphic element node re-execture when a new component is placed on the canvas?

The Revit preview also seems to cause this issue.