RiR DirectShape Error (1. BRepBuilder cannot assign edge geometry for edge 5159. 2. RhinoInside.Revit.GH: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

I’m using the DirectShape method to push some very complex geometries from Rhino to Revit. However there are several errors at the end:

1. BRepBuilder cannot assign edge geometry for edge 5159.
  2. RhinoInside.Revit.GH: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  3. Transaction RolledBack and aborted.

Here is the complete warning message:

And here is the screenshot of the model:

Any adivces are appreciated. Thanks!

When it comes to breps, Revit’s engine is quite limited. So if you could share your file with us, we can simulate your error on our side and take a look at it.

Please see attached. Thank you very much!

210728 Massing to Revit.gh (13.4 KB)
210728 Massing to Revit.3dm (12.2 MB)

I have started to look into it and couple problems came into my eye.

• First and foremost, you MUST use Directshape Categories node to assign categories to your directshapes. Not Query Categories.

• Second, you have overlapping geometries in the model. Like in topography and floors.

When it comes to Topography, I think it is better to generate native Revit topography from your Rhino topo’s vertices. I just did that and it transferred just fine. And File size in Revit is more reasonable.

I have added Directshapes for Topography and Floors. See attached file. I think it should work just fine if you try it for other geometries as well.

DirectShape_sukillua.gh (11.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you! I know the model is not very clean and it is still in the process of cleaning up.

I used your scripts and tested all the layers separately. Most of them work very well except for the bridge and the walls. Both of them have some very complex geometries and they have similar error messages.

Probably rebuilding the geometries is the approach but because the shape are so complex that I doubt if rebuilding would end up with a clean surface to work with…Any suggestions?

Did you try using Add Brep Directshape? It adds directshape without any category, material or name.

Only part of the walls are able to be converted to Revit. It shows the following errors:

Eventhough it gives an error, I couldn’t see any missing surface. Instead of referencing by layer, I have selected walls as Breps and use them as geometry in Directshape. The issue might be related to your layering.

Strange…the error messages don’t seem to relate to the layer reference…

But anyway, it works now. Thank you so much!

1 Like