Right click rotating sometimes cancels operation

Wow, this is an ancient topic…yet still a source of friction. I again spent some time today attempting to reproduce this issue with a wired, non Apple Magic Mouse, without success.

This seems to me a very plausible guess.

If anyone can provide steps to reliably reproduce this, we’d love to hear them. It sounds like a major paper-cut to me.

Hi all

I just want to add that I keep getting this issue as well. I’m using Rhino 6 on windows and it happens every now and then. Some days it doesn’t happen at all and some days (like today) it’s so bad that I can’t even pan once without activating the last command.

1 Like

Hello again

I downloaded Rhino 7 and nothing has changed. I don’t think it has something to do with loading/rendering geometry, because I can’t reproduce the error trying it that way. For me it happens often when i’m trying to pan or rotate while using another command, so when i’m holding the right mouse button for a longer duration (like 1 second for example) and moving slowly.

By the way, I’m using Rhino for Windows on a Bootcamp partition on a macbook pro with a logitech bluetooth mouse.

Ah, so this isn’t a Rhino for Mac issue after all, but could be a cross-platform issue. Changing categories.

Hello everyone

I think I found the problem - it was my Mouse after all, nothing to do with Rhino.

My 4-year old mouse showed the same behavior (letting go while dragging stuff) also in other programs, I got a new one and the problem hasn’t appeared so far.

Hope this helps :wink: