RhinoScript compiler / plugin installer problem RHV6.3

Hi @stevebaer,

Since updating to the latest version SR3 RC, the compiled scripts that used to work in previous V6 versions don’t work or install anymore. The installer of rhi file throws this message:

And when running previously installed compiled plugins under V6 (they worked under 6 before fine) I get this:

Any ideas what’s going on? It kind of puts me into a crunch mode : /

I am using the same “latest” script compiler (2013)

thanks,

–jarek

Hi @Jarek, it looks like the installer missed a file or two. Compat.exe is used to verify that a plug-in that was compiled for Rhino 5 is still compatible with the RhinoCommon API in Rhino 6. Hopefully that’s all this is.

Please launch the SR3 RC installer again and choose “Repair”. This should clear things up.

We’ll dig into this to see what went wrong the first time around (logged as RH-44725).

Hi Will,

Thanks for looking into it. The RC3 installed as automatic update - not sure how to run the installer again - is the exe file saved somewhere automatically, or can I download the latest RC manually?
Going via normal Rhino site download I can only get RC2…

–jarek

Hit the Windows key and type “appwiz.cpl”, then hit “Enter” (shortcut for “Programs and Features”). You should be able to find Rhino 6 in the list of installed programs. Select it and click on “Change”. This should run the installer. If that doesn’t work, here’s a direct link to last week’s Release Candidate for SR3.

Will - thanks, I managed to repair the installation and all seems to work OK now.

1 Like