Rhino6 Eval Setting Layers Colour

Hi Apologies, I have imported a pdf, to Layer 1 and I am looking to change the colour of the imported layer

I was hoping to copy to a new layer and change the colour but have been unable :frowning:

My workflow was import the data from pdf, tidy up some curves and objects, transfer to a new layer different colour.

Could I have help to change the colour of all of the objects to layer?

Thanks

Is there a simple way to do this?

RDR_Layout_R6_Master_Forum.3dm (3.0 MB)

In Rhino, objects’ display color can either be the layer color (by default) or their own color - which belongs to the object(s), not the layer, and it overrides the layer color. That is the case with your imported PDF.

All you need to do is select all, and in the Properties box, display color dropdown, change the color to “by layer”. Then you can put the items on any layer you want and they will take on the layer color.

1 Like

Thanks Helvetosaur,

When I lazily brought in the pdf into Rhino, I didn’t notice that the display colour “varies” in the properties object dialogue box. When I started tidying up the messy line work, that took the colour of the new layer…subsequently I did this on a number of layers repeating the same mistake…until you put me on the right path thanks…you’ve just saved me $450 in counselling fees.

K

OK, good. Note that PDFs and the like may not have layers, so objects coming in from other CAD systems most likely will have had layer colors converted to object colors. Other types of imports may also have color by object, so it’s always a good thing to check first.