Rhino using 100% CPU on single core constantly

Hello all, Just wanted to follow up on this as I found a not great, but serviceable solution!

I uninstalled the 3dconnexion program entirely and the unit works as it did before when it is plugged in, albeit without the fine controls offered by the Spacemouse program in the tray. It even works wirelessly though it is choppy; it is not dragging down the whole Rhino program when wireless as well.

If anyone knows a way to increase the rate at which the mouse reports to the receiver wirelessly, that would be great, otherwise, Iā€™ll just keep rockinā€™ the extra cable on my desk.

Again, big thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. -Ben

This is why I donā€™t use a wireless mouse, keyboard or spacepilot. (1) There is always the chance of interference and (2) the batteries can die and leave you stuck. Plus, with a mouse, the extra weight of a battery can cause hand and wrist problems after a long day of use.

Did you try the calibration suggestion?

I had a problem where my SpaceMouse suddenly refused to connect with the receiver any more. I had to remove the reference to the SpaceMouse from the system and go through the discovery process again, after which it worked fine. Different problem but might be worth trying.

OK. Here is what I hope to be the last installment of this thread!

I mentioned earlier that uninstalling SpacemouseExplorer and just using the existing plugin in Rhino worked; I was wrong. I encountered the same problem an hour after I wrote that. What has happened today, after reinstalling Windows and all of my programs etc., was that the problem disappeared when I removed the BoxEdit tab from the side menu. This seems completely random and absurd, but could be recreated with a click. I now have current Rhino6 and Current SMExplorer running and everything works as long as I do not use BoxEdit.

Thanks again for the helpful comments and such. -B

@schultzeworks the calibration suggestion didnā€™t work, but good to know where it is. Thanks
@jeremy5 I have had this problem in the past as well. It stinks and their support was never able to get me past it, except using the start3dconnexion and stop 3dconnexion commands at the start menu.

Hi Benjamin - the 6.18 build that has some significant fixes to BoxEdit - see if installing that makes the problem go away. To get 6.18, open Options > Updates and statistics and set Update Frequency to ā€˜Release Candidateā€™ and then Check Now.

Any luck?

-Pascal

Yes, please do contact 3Dconnexion if you are having issues with the receivers/wireless.

I will assume, for now, that 3Dconnexion device is out of the equation.

Hi @pascal and @Markus, It looks like the 6.18 build sorted out the conflict between BoxEdit and the SpaceMouse. Thanks again! -B

Hi Markus - yes, thanks - it was Rhinoā€™s fault.

-Pascal

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: High single core CPU usage