Rhino to revit placement

I have two models going on right now. One in Revit which are the simple walls windows and structure etc. The second model is in Rhino which will be the complex skin form that I want to put into the Revit model.

I know the process in which to bring in the rhino model as a .sat and link it as concept mass editor and into a family blah blah blah. However, when I am placing the family into the revit model it asks me to pick a location. When I choose the location the family is not where it needs to be. This is because I don’t know what revit is recognizing from rhino as a snap orientation.

I don’t understand where my snap location is in retrospect to the model. It would be nice to just have it place where it is built in rhino because that should be the same location as where I want it to be in revit as well.

Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

Alex -

I would make the guess that the Rhino 0,0,0 Cplane origin is the insertion point in Rhino. This is the default Top and Perspective view origin. If you select a reference a point in Revit, then model your Rhino geometry relative to that point, it should work when you insert the model.

Scott,

Thank you, yes I just put a known object at the 0.0 point and placed that in. looks like it worked fine.

Now off to the autodesk forum for a million other questions… haha.