Rhino renders black (with vray)

Hi! I am decent with rhino and vray and made several renders. Last project though I tried but somewhere along the way the render becomes superstrange and everything is either totally white or totally black. I checked light sources, I hid all items, drew a simple box, I checked shutter speed etc but for some reason, it doesnt work.

The only difference now then before is that I used sectiontools for rhino. I dont think that is it though since I remember similar problems happening 1-2 times before. I would love to get some feedback.

Tried uploading the file but its surpassed the limit but here is a sugarsync-one. https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7069760_89676852_602688

Hi Goran,

I’d ask on the Vray for Rhino user forum too but I believe this had to do with GI being off in the settings. I restored the default Vray options and get this without any other changes.

God damn you :). Thank you so much. My friend was checking this out (better in vray than me) and I remember him checking this but perhaps he didnt change it.

Ill try again with changes u mentioned. Thanks again.

Hi Guys
I am kind of new to rhino and vray. I have the same problem as you did and I checked the GI (Global Illumiination) and it is turned on. I still get a render that appears completely black. Can someone please help, what else should I check ?
Appreciate any help i could get
thanks

@diana.guney93 I had the same issue with the latest update of vray 5.02
I’m not sure what cause it, because is not always, but in my case the render is in progress well but it’s not showing the result in the frame buffer. If you change to alpha and then change again to rgb color you should see the real result.
Does it help?