Vray material appears black in Rhino Viewport

unhandled

(lukema) #1

Hey Guys I´m using Rhino 5.0 and recently updated Vray to 3.6. The Render seems to work fine but somehow I cant see the materials in Rhino viewport, they only appear black. I already tried different materials and changed display mode settings. Any Ideas?


(foreigner) #2

Which display mode viewports you are selected ?


(lukema) #3

Its my shaded mode. But its the same in Rendered mode. just black.


(foreigner) #4

Try to change display mode to Realistic mode .


(lukema) #5

There is no realistic mode in Rhino. But I dont think its about display mode, I checked the settings and it should show the render material its the same as in teh rendered mode.


(lukema) #6

SOLVED!
Okay I know what the problem was. The Texture Image for the material was simply to big. The Size of the Image 6700 x 2700 ( 3,5 MB) couldnt be shown in the Vieport. I made it smaller and it works. Thank you


(Mschmid) #7

I’m having the same issue, but I’m using materials from the vray library…

The texture maps are only 1024 x 1024

Anyone else have this issue?


(Malte Muewi) #8

Hi there. I´m using Rino 6 and V-ray 3.6 and I have the same problem with the materials in the rendered viewport. Most of the materials appear grey and it does´nt matter if there is a texture on it or just a solid clored material.


(foreigner) #9

In my rhino everything is working fine .
V-ray 3.6.03 - Rhino 6 SR8 .


(Malte Muewi) #10

Hi there, guess I solved this problem.
It depends on the type of material and its structure. If you use a standard material that only contains a reflection and a diffuse layer and the reflection layer is on top it appears black. Use a generic/VrayBRDF material and the material will displayed correctly.


(Bt49955) #11

Hey guys,

I’m experiencing the same problem (MatID shows up black), but Malte’s workaround doesn’t work. I’ve tried the command “-visRandomMaterialID” with [Seed=1 Stable=Off Current=Any]; [Seed=1 Stable=Off Current=Blacks]; [Seed=1 Stable=On Current=Blacks]; [Seed=1 Stable=On Current=Any] , but nothing changes.

RenderID, ObjectID show up fine, but the edges are coarse. See attached images