Vray for Rhino renders some part of the object as black

Hi everyone,

I followed a rhino tutorial and made a car with it. It was a SubD car then I turned it into Nurbs, applyed some default Vray materials and when I want to render some parts of the car is black and some are functioning in a normal way. Do you guys have any idea why this is happening? When I rotate the light source or the viewport nothing changes. I think it’s not because of the light source but the object parts.

Hi, without checking the scene it seems an environment issue

1 Like

Could you add an sphere to the scene and try again?

1 Like

Hello- I would guess that the black is reflecting from ‘outer space’ behind the camera.

-Pascal

1 Like

I deleted the default environment I only have my light source. I added sky from Vray for Rhino again the situation is the same.

Sphere light with HDRI?

Could you share the scene? forget the car, i just want to check main settings

SubDModelCar.rar (16.0 MB)

So in short as I shared the image some parts of the cars renders itself totally dark :S

it’s just an issue related to your lighting setup, you have no reflection environment.

i changed to and dome hdri and eveything works fine, your black surfaces are like this because are reflecting black background

You have a chrome material and a black environment, once the care reflects the outside it becomes fully black, and you don’t have any mid tone. Try using a shader like the car paint 2, or any other material with not that sharp reflections, and then add a coat layer to look polished. Changing the environment will also help, something with a gradient.

1 Like

you should try different environments as @laborda suggested

1 Like

Thank you guys I got it.

2 Likes