Rhino not saving Named Positions?

In my last two projects Rhino hasn’t saved, or has rather ‘lost’ the positions I saved. Has anyone else had this problem or is it somthing I may be doing wrong?

In last Rhino 6.12 released everything is working fine.

Test file Test Nview.3dm (82.8 KB)

Yep, the named views work on that, as they work on my files, it’s the named positions I’m having problems with :frowning:

Hi - in a quick test, this seems to work here.
Could you run the Rhino SystemInfo command and post the result here?

Working here too as is expected

System Info.txt (1.8 KB)

Thanks. Nothing is out of the ordinary there.
Does it work if you start a new file and save the positions of, e.g., a simple box?
And do you have the same result in Rhino 6?

Changed to category #serengeti since this is Rhino WIP

Yep it was happening in Rhino 6 and WIP, strangely though it’s now working…

Not working reliably in mac wip.

I create them and they work, but later they vanish.

Stuff that definately breaks them: changing object layers. However even when i havent done that they still vanish.

When creating them i have the objects selected (assuming only selected objects get positional data stored).

Im not completely sure how this is supposed to work, so i cant empirically determine whats causing it to lose the defined positions.

Hi - I filed a bug (RH-56648) last week about named positions not surviving a close and reopen of the document. It was a bit hard to reproduce on the Mac…
-wim

Same happened here, all named views seem to have lost their location. Reopening didn’t work. It would be great to be able to export/ import/ transfer named views from one file to another.

sorry- found it- NamedView panel → Import Named Views