Rhino Mac Line weights

You may see the results from my original post -
The first image is print to PDF (correct weight), the second is exported (too thick).
On each image the left plan contains a normal grid hatch set to hairline (too thick), which has been exploded in the right plan (correct weight).

Please send us a file and all the details we need to reproduce this.
If I can reproduce it here, I can get it on the pile for fixing.

Thanks

Hi John I’m not sure if a solution was found here but I’m facing the same issue: a coworker sent me a PC rhino file which contains a 0.09 line weight. I can see and edit that layer, but cannot create a line weight below 0.13 in my own new layers. (Using Rhino 7 Mac)

I know that this is a really small detail but it does make a difference on our printed drawings here. Any fix on the horizon for mac users?

Hi, for those mac users who want to customised print width, you can try the following steps below.
right click the layer > click edit layer > a panel will pop up and then you’ll get to key in the value you want > remember to click done. Hope this helps.

![Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 10.05.18 AM|690x401](upload://3o

7 Likes

@ongeiwei02 You are a lifesaver.

When I’m creating my architectural plans, I use the line weights .35mm, .18mm and .09mm for print.

With .13mm as the smallest standard-option it’s often hard to distinguish between the medium and narrow lines, so having the option to customize lineweights (or at least having another option between .13mm and hair line) for the layers would definitely be beneficial in my workflow.

BTW .09mm is also one of the recommended line weights for unifying plan graphics in architecture, at least in theory…