Rhino.Inside element visibility settings

Hi!

I’m trying to manage element visibility settings for a Revit object using Rhino.Inside but I can’t quite figure it out. To be more specific I’m trying to hide a Revit family instance in a the default 3d view from inside rhino. Does anyone know if this is possible at this point?

Thank you!
Erik

Check out the guide and examples

https://www.rhino3d.com/inside/revit/beta/guides/revit-params

Hello Rickson!

Thank you for your reply. When I tried this, the Element.GetParameter component wouldn’t recognise ‘Viz’ as a parameter name for my family. Is this a default name or is it something that is specific to your project?

I then tried to find if there could be the same type of parameter in my project byt with a different name. The only parameter that I could find to have anything to do with the visibility was the Visibility/Graphics overrides parameter, but when I try to set this parameter, the element automatically loses the reference from the revit document without being hidden first.

Do you thing this is the correct parameter I’m working with or should it always be called Viz?

Best regards,
Erik

That was a parameter i made in the family to control visibility of one of the objects in the family.

1 Like

Hello again Rickson,

This works like a charm. Thanks you for your help!

Hello,
I am aware this has been marked as “Solved”, but my question is very related to this thread.
What if we wanted to make a family using RiR, and expected to control the Graphics (Visibility of the family, independent from RiR methods?

For example, here:
RiR Graphics TEST.gh (31.3 KB)
the highlighted Extrusion is a Revit Native Family, and it already has the Graphics parameters.

But the object that was created by RiR, lacks this parameter.

Hi Clive, can you tell us a little more about what you’re thinking here?

In your screenshots you’re creating a directshape, which isn’t a ‘real’ Revit Family.

Hi Japhy,
Thanks for the links,
I want to create a Revit Family that has multiple parts and, depending on the occasion, I could switch the visibility of one part.

Now, using a Boolean parameter in Revit, this can be done for Revit Native Families.
But for Rhino-Generated objects that are imported by RiR, the Graphics panel in the properties is not available.
The issue is to assign “Visibility/Graphics Overrides” to DirectShapes. The object on the left is a Revit Native Family and, has a valid parameter of “Visibility/Graphics Overrides” once inspected.
The DirectSHape Objects on the right, once inspected, do not show such a parameter.

You’ll want to use the Family Form element to have access to that behavior.

1 Like

Appreciate it @Japhy.
Last question; The Switch (Check Box) cannot be displayed just like “Visible” under “Graphics” on the Properties Panel. It is only accessible through Family Types. Correct?

Unless you associate it with a shared parameter as instance vs type.

1 Like

Hi,
2 Questions in this regard…

1. Is there any identical component to add form that permits the modification of graphics for Mesh-based families after the family has been created?
    RiR Mesh Graphics Parameter.gh (43.9 KB)

1. When using “Add Form” component, there seems to be a glitch when visualizing the object as Hidden Line under “Graphic Display Options” menu.
    Hidden Line Display Glitch.gh (9.9 KB)
    In this instance, the pipe is partially invisible in Hidden Line, as opposed to its other visualization modes, (i.e. Shaded, realistic, etc.)

Also in certain pipe radius the add form throws this error:
Some problematic faces were removed from the output
The confusing part is it does not happen in smaller or larger radii.

1. The family form is the only one that will offer the native Graphics Visibility Overrides in the Properties.

2. Hidden lines on smaller/thin objects can be problematic in Revit when viewed at certain angles

The form elements are getting tolerance issues at that Radius, a small edge or face is being created.
https://www.rhino3d.com/inside/revit/1.0/guides/rir-grasshopper#tolerances

1 Like

@Japhy
Thank you,
I just wanted to add that the issue with “Hidden Line” appears to occur with Breps only, regardless of the size of the objects and tolerance parameters.