Rhino/GH is not using GPU for new plug in tOpos

Hi world,

I have a quite precise and problematic issue. I’m trying to use this new plug in for topology optimization called tOpos (https://www.food4rhino.com/app/topos). A friend told me is working very well. It’s like Millipede but it is using GPU for the calcula, should be 100x time faster.

BUT I’m having a problem with the example file. It gives me this message. (attached png)

Seems that Rhino/GH is not looking of my GPU (GeForce GTX 1060) but to my intel basic GPU (I have a Dell inspiron 15 7000 Gaming). I think is because of some settings of Rhino/GH/tOpos/NVIDIA, cause my friend is using it and it works very well.

I’ve tried several things but none worked.

Thanks for the help boys :slight_smile:

Michele.

Michele. Hi. Have you found any answer to this? I think I have the same problem. I got this error as well:

Object: tOposCudaCtx (level 1)
{
Se produjo una excepción en el destino de la invocación.
TargetInvocationException
}

Object: tOposCudaCtx (level 2)
{
Se produjo una excepción en el inicializador de tipo de ‘tOposCore.CoreGPU’.
TypeInitializationException
}

Object: tOposCudaCtx (level 3)
{
Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
NullReferenceException
}

I had the same issue and got it to work. In the comments on Food4Rhino someone posted a solution:

1. Right click on “CudaContext” switch from Auto mode to your GPU

2. Right click “Optimus” change to “PreAssemble Solver”

3. Hit Run!

Lee_Souder on Fri, 08/02/2019 - 07:50

Louis. Hi.

Thank you for the help. I tried to install and run the algorithm and the plug in in another computer. The plug in is complete in there and that pc is like 5 or 6 years old.

The thing is that I cannot run it on my desktop and the error that comes out is this one:
Object: tOposCudaCtx (level 1)
{
Se produjo una excepción en el destino de la invocación.
TargetInvocationException
}

Object: tOposCudaCtx (level 2)
{
Se produjo una excepción en el inicializador de tipo de ‘tOposCore.CoreGPU’.
TypeInitializationException
}

Object: tOposCudaCtx (level 3)
{
Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
NullReferenceException
}

Do you have any idea of what may be happening? It could be my drivers, but I updated yesterday before installing it.

Where are you getting that info, in the Rhino command line?

Have you unblocked the files before copying them to your Grasshopper components folder?

https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/unblockplugin

Louis. Hi.

Actually there was no need to unblock. The files came without the option of “unblock” in the properties menu.

Im sending you a screenshot. It comes out right after the loading of the grasshopper and its plug ins.

And when that happens, the component caled “Cuda Context” doesn’t appear on the tOpos menu. Captura