Rhino crashing when editing annotation styles

Hi, I’m playing around with an eval version of Rhino 6 at the moment (6.5.18155.13161), and it crashes every time I try to get into the annotation settings. When I click on Annotation Styles, everything seems to be fine. When I click on Default, or try to create a new annotation style, it crashes.

@lowell can you please help here?

@RStrickler -
When you crash, do you see a dialog about sending a report to us?
If you do, do you send the report, and do you include your email address?
If you do that and tell me your email address, I can search for your report and see more details.
Thanks,
Lowell

Hi Lowell, and thanks Brian. When I click on the default annotation in settings, everything locks up for about 20 seconds, then I get the standard notification from Microsoft that Rhino has stopped working, Windows is closing the program, and Microsoft will let me know if they find anything. Nothing beyond that, and it’s very repeatable.

@stevebaer here’s another example of Rhino crashing due to something happening in .NET/ETO but we’re not catching it in a way to submit it to us. Didn’t you have a way to reproduce something like this once?

@lowell it may be that remote debugging is the fastest way to find and fix this bug, since we’re not getting crash reports.

Let me know what I can do to help. I’m in an office environment, so I don’t know what I’d need to do to get you remote access, but I can probably get our IT dudes to make it happen without too much trouble.

I’ve never done remote debugging outside our building. I’ll see who I can find that might be able to help with it and let you know.
In the meantime - can you send the output of the SystemInfo command in Rhino to lowell@mcneel.com ?
Thanks

Ah, I gotcha. I’m not sure how that would work either. Email on its way…

Thanks. I got your SystemInfo - I don’t see anything there that looks like a problem.

I’ve been playing around with the settings trying to get it to try and get it to feel a bit more like 5, but I’ve not found anything that seems to make a difference with that bug.

Thanks…

@RStrickler I would be available during this week to investigate the problem on your machine. Would you be able to get in contact with me directly at andy@mcneel.com to organise some things?

• Andy

Hey @RStrickler, I’m looking into this and would like to know what orientation are your displays set to? You can find this in Start > Settings > System > Display. A screenshot of the layout would be helpful.

Thanks!
Curtis.

Sure thing. I’m going to copy in my work address, then email you back the screenshot from there.

-Rob

RH-46982 is fixed in the latest Service Release Candidate

@RStrickler - Just wanted you to see that there has been work done to fix this.

Awesome! Sorry I had a baby on July 15th, and haven’t been here in a while. Thanks gents…

:beers:

-Pascal