Rhino block and GH VA element

Hello,
Is it possible to use a Rhino block making a Grasshopper VA element definition? I want to use a regular block as a part of a component, but how? The block is not seen by the rest of components… What is wrong with it?

Regards, Jaro

Hi Jaro,
From the screenhot I can see that the IfcTag component is red because you are linking a block definition to it, instead of a block instance.
Regarding your question, yes, you should be able to create a VisualARQ Grasshopper style that uses block definitions as components. For example, if you wanted to create a Railing sytle from a GH definition that uses the “Man3D” block definition (that comes with VA templates for the “Man” Element style) the definition should look something like this:

Hello Francesc,
I was doing so, but I didn’t work. The block is seen as a geometry and I can use it as an element of a definition, except IFC tagging… Also block decomposing doesn’t work… The message is “1. Solution exception:Odwołanie do obiektu nie zostało ustawione na wystąpienie obiektu.” which means (I think) “there is no object calling set for object existence”, such a philosophical sentence :wink:

Regards, Jaro

Hi Jaro,
There is an error when trying to assign an ifcType to a Block Instance. I’ll let you know when we fix this.
On the other hand, the Decompose Block Definition Component returns error because it requires a Block definition as input, and not a Block Instance:

Thanks, Francesc!
For now it is enough to decompose a block, I can assign an IFC property to its geometry. It helps a lot :smile:
Regards,

Hi @jerry.bakowski, I’m glad to say we have fixed this issue in VisualARQ 2.11, just released!

VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.11 released