Extract element geometries in GH

Is it possible to extract geometries from a visualarq element inserted through gh?
I’d like to work with the placement (when I achieve it) through GH and afterwards be able to extract parts of the elements and work with them further.
Is it possible?

Yes,
VisualARQ Explode is your component for VisualARQ objects that are not created from blocks.

If your object is created from a block, like an Element, then you need to deconstruct its style and deconstruct the block used for it. (I’ve just realized that this is not working properly right now, so we will fix it)

2 Likes

Worked great!
Just one little offtopic… when inserted through grasshopper… there is no way of accessing/controlling the element parameters, right?

Hi Miguel, yes it is.
Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYV7evMd25I
In the first part, you will see how a Beam style is created using a GH definition. In the second part, that beam style is referenced in Grasshopper and one of its parameters is changed, using the Set Property component. The key here lies on finding the proper string for the desired parameter.
You can use the Property Names component to get that list of parameters for that purpose.

2 Likes

Hi Miguel, we have fixed the proper Block detection in VA components in version 2.9: VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.9 released (for Rhino 5, 6 and 7)

1 Like

Hi, Francesc! Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the delay! I´ll test it ASAIC :slight_smile: