Rhino auditing objects every single time I copy/paste

Hi!
As the title describes: this happens all the time and is very annoying. Is there any way to remedy this?

Hello - you may have CheckNewObjects running - try running that command and answer the question ‘Automatically check new objects?’ in the message box with ‘No’. Does that do anything good?

-Pascal

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately no luck with CheckNewObjects :-/

Hello - what is the message that you’re getting, exactly?

-Pascal

Automatic checking is turned off.

When it occurs I get a percentage bar in the lower right corner saying “Auditing objects”

Hmmm - check if AuditAfterEveryCommand is set to Yes.

-Pascal

“Postcommand audit is off”

Hello - I’m not sure then… maybe it is not Rhino… do you have any non-default plug-ins loading?

-Pascal

I have a few, most are disabled… Ill reinstall the lot and see what happens. Thanks for helping out!

Hello Pascal,
Where please do I find AuditAfterEveryCommand to set it to yes ? I have check New Objects running but I did a Split command on a piped object and it looks like this caused the introduction of two Naked edges into the split object. Check New objects did not alert me to this - if this is what it is supposed to do ?

Thank you, Andy

This is not currently possible, although an extended user-configured object checking has been asked for in the past… Check only flags “bad” (invalid) objects by Rhino’s definition which generally means that the NURBS structure is not correct.

Naked edges are not considered defects as Rhino is a surface modeler. If you split a closed solid with the _Split command, it will leave the object open, i.e. you will have naked edges at the split line. If you wish to keep a solid object “solid” when splitting use BooleanSplit (with a surface/polysurface) or Wirecut (with a curve) instead.

–Mitch

Thanks. Mitch. Maybe this is another way that could consistently work: I used Trim and afterwords ran cap planar holes. This eliminate the Naked edges that once again occurred.

I was wondering if anyone had this issue but only with the '_CopyToClipboard cmd and '_Paste but not the Copy and '_Paste cmd. I’ve tried all of the suggestions above as well as recreating all of the objects from scratch in a new file on a different computer but the issue is still persistent.

~B

Hello - can you describe exactly what the symtom is, step by step, and post a screen shot of any dialogs you see? And, please run the SystemInfo command in Rhino and copy/paste the results here.
-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the quick reply. Of course the issue resolved itself just as I needed to record the error. I’ll just describe it as best I can in case it happens again in the future. The issue is that when I copy an object with the Ctrl+C shortcut to the cmd '_CopyToClipboard, and paste with Ctrl+V the object, I get the previously mentioned “auditing objects” progress bar on the bottom right. but when I try to copy by just typing Copy into the command line I am able to copy the object by copying from point. I tried recreating the geometries from scratch in a new file as well as updating rhino to the latest release but I still can’t seem to copy paste without triggering the auditing objects process. There’s no particular dialogue that pops up, just a progress bar with the text "auditing objects at the bottom right of the screen where any task progress usually shows.

I did disable VisualARQ’s plugin in the meantime so that might have been the issue.

Thanks for looking into this issue
~B

Here’s the copy/paste of the SystemInfo cmd:

Rhino 7 SR10 2021-9-13 (Rhino 7, 7.10.21256.17001, Git hash:master @ 68677dc86520a0de9485d8b8fa2e841e757733f3)
License type: Educational, build 2021-09-13
License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 10.0.19043 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

Computer platform: LAPTOP  - Plugged in [96% battery remaining]

Hybrid graphics configuration.

Primary display: Intel(R) UHD Graphics (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 1-22-2020 (M-D-Y).
    > Integrated graphics device with 3 adapter port(s)
        - Windows Main Display is laptop's integrated screen or built-in port
  Primary OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super with Max-Q Design (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 8-27-2021 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 471.96
    > Integrated accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
        - Video pass-through to primary display device

OpenGL Settings
  Safe mode: Off
  Use accelerated hardware modes: On
  Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
  Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU's maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 4x
  Mip Map Filtering: Linear
  Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
  Render version: 4.6
  Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
  Driver Date: 8-27-2021
  Driver Version: 30.0.14.7196
  Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
  Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
  Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
  Total Video Memory: 8 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
  C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\V7\VRayForRhino.rhp	"V-Ray for Rhino"	

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp	"Commands"	7.10.21256.17001
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp	"Renderer Development Kit"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp	"Rhino Render"	7.10.21256.17001
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp	"Legacy Rhino Render"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp	"RDK_EtoUI"	7.10.21256.17001
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp	"Renderer Development Kit UI"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp	"Snapshots"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp	"RhinoCycles"	7.10.21256.17001
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp	"Toolbars"	7.10.21256.17001
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp	"3Dconnexion 3D Mouse"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp	"Displacement"	
  C:\Users\bob7d\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\PanelingTools\2021.3.2.446\PanelingTools.rhp	"PanelingTools"

Hi Bob - thanks, can you please disable VRay in Options > Plug-ins page and then close and re open Rhino and see if the problem can be reproduced without Vray.
The Copy command is a completely different thing from CoptToClipboard - that is the one we care about here…

-Pascal

The command seems to work now after turning off the VisualARQ plugin so that might have been the issue. I’ve tested it with VRay running and disable and both seems to work. From the looks of it VisualARQ seems to have caused the issue but that might have just been a coincidence. I’ve also had VisualARQ running for quite a while now (8-10 months) and have never had this issue and I’m not too sure what’s changed to cause the issue for the past few days.

~B