Rhino 8 WIP does not load older toolbars (.rui files)

I have PlugIn with 3 toolbars (files ending with extension .rui). I use them for R7 and older Rhino versions, but they are not loaded in the Rhino 8 WIP version.

Neither dragging them into Rhino via Drag & Drop works, nor loading them with the SDK function like in Rhino 7:

// start to show toolbar
  cToolbar = cAppDataPath + L"MyToolbar.rui";
  UFileID  = CRhinoUiFile::FileOpen(cToolbar);     // works in R7 and R6 SDK
  if (UFileID != ON_nil_uuid)
  {
      // never get there: It returns always ON_nil_uuid in R8
  }

Are there some significant changes in R8?

Thanks
Peter

similar here, but I do not try to open my toolbar in code – it is installed next to my plugin, and though rhino 6 & 7 auto-load it, rhino 8 does it halfway: it is not shown, but I can see it loaded in the drop-down when I right-click > show toolbars:

My toolbars do not follow the convention (same name as Plugin .rhp), so I don’t see them in the toolbars. I have only “default” after dragging them.

Hi, is there any solution to this problem?
I also can’t drag toolbar *,rui files into Rhino 8. Just updated to last version (8.0.23199.14305, 2023-07-18).

I’m also not able to find the latest R8 SDK on the web. Trying Rhino - Download - but get an error message “404: Not Found”. At the moment I use an older SDK version what I got during the Barcelona meeting in May.

OK, Rhino 8 SDK is now officially available since July: Rhino 8 C++ SDK - WIP Available

Great!

Updated R8 and installed the latest SDK: Unfortunately toolbars are still not loading…

Hi @Peter_Salzman,

Toolbar loading seems to be working here.

TestToolbar7.zip (284.9 KB)

Here is a simple Rhino 7 C++ plug-in project that includes a .rui file. I’ve make a .yak package of it so I can easily drag it on top of Rhino 7 or Rhino 8. In both cases, both the plug-in and it’s toolbar load upon drag and drop.

Does this help?

– Dale