Rhino 8 visualization bug + can’t select edges for fillet

I seem to be having a few issues with rhino 8 when it comes to visualization of surfaces. I am having isocurves not show up or they look like they are under the render mesh.

also having display issues in arctic mode where i get what looks like normal issues and i can see all of the triangles.

when making surfaces they show up as black and not default its the same color but the overall surface is all dark.

only issue i have that is affecting my modeling is when going to fillet edges i can select edges.

For the issue with surface isocurves, there is a new setting you have to turn on: Isocurves are gone in Rhino 8?! - #8 by ShynnSup

1 Like

Going through this i fixed the no iso curves on flat surfaces. still having issues where my display is clipping the ones showing on 3D though.

I also solved my issue with the surfaces being dark black by selecting all layers and restoring color to default. Did find you can say random color and that was a fun setting to find.

1 Like

Can you please attach both a screenshot and a Rhino model that demonstrates this problem?

I will make i file that i can send or share. but these are some screen shots of my issue. it happens when i am zoomed in mostly. it on the darker part i am also having issues where the curves are clipping behind the surface as well.

Hi Matt -

That would be helpful, thanks.
-wim

I have uploaded a sample file as well as a video and image of getting this issue in rhino 8. please let me know if i can answer any questions or if there are settings I can adjust to try and make this better.

The issue in this file and in my work file where I originally had this issue is in inches and mainly occurs when I am zooming in to model details on a part such as radii and other small edits.

Rhino 8 Display test.3dm (380.4 KB)

I know this was before holiday so just wanted to see if anyone was able to take a look at this.

Thank you

… seems to behave the same in Rhino 7 here, and is a result of the isocurves/ curves being exact on the surface, while the render mesh is deviating and starting to cover those (iso)curves

If you change mesh settings to this:

you will get a better experience.