Rhino 7 Update - Annotation History not working?

I got the rhino update this morning, and unfortunately, there are some serious bugs. Mainly, the annotation history doesn’t seem to be updating anymore. Whenever I move something in a layout detail now the dimensions no longer update to the new position/scale. This is extremely annoying and I’m hoping someone has a fix for this.

Thanks,
Erlich

Hi Erlich - the History command has a setting that controls this - I’d check that first.

-Pascal

I’ve tried it, but it doesnt seem to help. I’ve noticed whatever the issue is, isn’t occuring in all my rhino projects. I’ve tried checking if there is some sort of bad object or something but that’s not the case either. I’ve also tried copying the objects from one rhino session into a new one to see if the issue goes away, but it doesnt. it seems maybe there is something going on with the geometry causing the issue.

Hi Erlich,
Sorry to hear this.

Is this a Rhino 6 model that you open in Rhino 7? Mac or Windows?
Or is it a new file that you create in Rhino 7?
You can send a model that shows us the issue to tech@mcneel.com, attention Mary.

If RecordAnnotation is on in History like @pascal has already replied, and you use osnaps when creating your layout dimension, it should work.

Thanks for your help.
Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier

Mary,

I will send you an example. Give me a couple minutes!

Thanks,
Erlich

Also to answer your questions, it is a Rhino 7 model. Created in R7 and opened in R7 all for Windows. I do use objects snaps of course and record annotation history is on as you will be able to see in the file I sent.

Thanks!

Hi Erlich,
I do see this issue. Thanks for letting us know.
I have logged bug: RH-63304
I believe this is related to the polysurface object, and it works in Rhino 6.
So this is a regression, major in my opinion.

Hopefully the developers will be able to fix it soon.
I will let you know when it is fixed.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier
McNeel Technical Support and Training
Seattle, WA

Hi Mary,

Any update on a fix? Is it possible to revert back to the previous version of R7? This bug has been causing a ton of headaches

Hi Erlich,
It should be fixed in the Rhino 7 sr5 release candidate on Tuesday.

You can revert back to Rhino 7 sr3 for Windows here.
But you will need to uninstall Rhino first.

Let me know if this sr3 resolves the issue.
Then you can try the Sr5 release candidate next week.
Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier