Rhino 7 Not Starting

Hello,

Does anyone know why Rhino 7 won’t start? I have a free trial license that is still valid and I have to click multiple times on the Rhino app that sometimes opens.

Hi,
could be that there is a plug-in or something else that block Rhino…
Try to start in Safe Mode to see if it opens correctly (you can find Safe Mode from Start → Rhino7- > Rhino7 in safe mode).
Another way is to repair Rhino (from windows options, APP, Rhino7 click on Modify and choose Repair from the splash screen that open) or to uninstall and install last version from McNeel site.

1 Like

Hi Paula - once it starts, please run the SystemInfo command in Rhino and copy/paste the results here.

-Pascal

Now is not even starting :upside_down_face: is there anything I can do?

Okay the Safe Mode opened correctly, is there a way to make the regular Rhino work?

This are the results on Rhino Safe Mode:

Rhino 7 SR4 2021-3-8 (Rhino 7, 7.4.21067.13001, Git hash:master @ ed629035202f07e8b84a3ee211479ca20bb81b73)
License type: Evaluation, build 2021-03-08
License details: Stand-Alone
Expires on: 2021-06-17

Windows 10.0.19042 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

Computer platform: LAPTOP - Plugged in [38% battery remaining]

Non-hybrid graphics configuration.
Primary display and OpenGL: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 1-8-2021 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: (null)
> Integrated graphics device with 3 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display is laptop’s integrated screen or built-in port

Secondary graphics devices.
NVIDIA Quadro M1200 (NVidia) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 12-31-2020 (M-D-Y).
> Integrated accelerated graphics device (shares primary device ports)
- This device is not being used
Citrix Indirect Display Adapter (Citrix Systems Inc.) Memory: 0MB, Driver date: 1-23-2019 (M-D-Y).
> External USB display device with 8 adapter port(s)
- There are no monitors attached to this device. Laptop lid is probably closed

ATTENTION:
Safe Mode is enabled. Graphics device usage and OpenGL information cannot be collected.

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: On
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: Unknown
Render version: (null)
Shading Language: (null)
Driver Date: 12-31-2020
Driver Version: 27.21.14.6109
Maximum Texture size: n/a
Z-Buffer depth: n/a
Maximum Viewport size: n/a
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.4.21067.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.4.21067.13001

At first I would try updating the Nvidia quadro drivers.
I see also this Citrix display adapter that I don’t understand if it’s an usb adapter or is something integrated on the motherboard… could be useful to update this driver too (if it’s an usb adapter, disconnect it).

Hello - if you are not using Citrix, please uninstall it and see how Rhino works then.

-Pascal

also may want to contact tech@mcneel.com and get a newer service release. In special circumstances we can get you service releases that are not quite available to the public yet to see if a newer pre-release version solves your issue.