Rhino 7: DB Dark Theme available on Gumroad

This is a Rhinoceros V7 theme I created to prevent eye fatigue while working in Rhino. You get a balanced dark theme, the same I use for my everyday work.

The theme is designed to work in Rhino3D V7 only.

By purchasing the theme on my Gumroad for the price of a coffee, you support me, enabling me to produce more content until I have found a new job. In case you are looking for a Creative Technologist to work with you or have some contacts that might be relevant for me, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

What you get

• The theme as .ini file that you can import using options import in Rhino
  • A screenshot of all changed color settings (This way you can see what was changed and customize on your own)
  • A readme file with installation instructions

Some settings like checkbox colors and option windows can’t be customized in Rhino because the appearance can’t be changed as it is controlled by the operating system color management. You can tweak your OS settings as you wish. For everyday work in the viewport, DB DARK THEME works well for your eyes.

Get DB DARK THEME for Rhino 7 here:

!

1 Like

nice! brilliant idea to sell them. i’ll buy but how do i save my current customizations because my colors and setup is pretty customized and want to be able to revert if i need to.

1 Like

Hi kleerkoat
That is great! Thank you for the purchase!!

You can save your settings via tools/export options. It takes abit of time to write that 152kb file. It can be that rhino is unresponsive while it writes, just wait a minute.

Let me know if you like the theme. You can also rate on gumroad if you like.

I wish that it is possible to configure the ui colors fully in rhino without the operating system interfering.

Enjoy and all the best,
Dan

1 Like

haen’t had a chance yet, i’m hyped to see it

I have updated DB Dark Theme for Rhino 7.

Changelog

2021 02 07

-Changed colors for Smart Track to read better on screen
-Adjusted curve and isocurves thickness in “Wireframe” and “Shaded” mode and made them a bit thicker for better readability (You have to tick the “View” checkbox when importing options, be aware that this overwrites your “View” options!)

1 Like

Hi there

I have uploaded a new version with the following changes:

-Controlpoint colors for surface editing adjusted
-Adjusted viewport XYZ indicators color
-Adjusted Gumball lineweight and scale

To get the new version, log in your Gumroad and download DB_Advanced_DarkTheme_210226.rar or you can purchase it by clicking on the Gumroad link in the first post of this thread.

1 Like

IMPORTANT!
As I am not a Mac OSX user I did not know that Rhino 7 for Mac is differing a lot from the Windows version, the Dark Theme I made does not work on Mac versions!

I found that you can set your Mac OS to dark theme, then your Rhino 7 looks pretty nice in dark already by default.

As I can’t edit the first post anymore, i hope this information finds you well.

Hey there!

I have added a new “DarkTabs” edition to make it more visible, what tabs you have activated. You can choose between the old “Flat” or the freshly added “DarkTabs” .ini file.

This is a compromise between usability and design. It is not yet possible in Rhino to have a custom color only affecting the activated tab. If you like the more flat design (like I do), you do not have to update. If you like to try the “DarkTabs” edition, feel free to give it a go :slight_smile:

I hope you enjoy this update!

All the best and stay healthy,
Daniel

Changelog

=========

-Added new option “DarkTabs” → Rhino.Options.UiPaintColors.InactiveTabBackground → Slightly darker color for inactive tabs, select the option you like better :slight_smile:

-Renamed original option “Flat”

-Controlpoint colors for surface editing adjusted

-Adjusted viewport XYZ indicators color

-Adjusted Gumball lineweight and scale

-Changed colors for Smart Track to read better on screen

-Adjusted curve and isocurves thickness in “Wireframe” and “Shaded” mode and made them a bit thicker for better readability (You have to tick the “View” checkbox when importing options, be aware that this overwrites your “View” options!)

Hello,

Thank you Daniel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile: I hope you like it! Let me know if I can help. Have a nice sunday!

Hi there!

Thank you for your great support using Rhino 7 DB Dark Theme!

I want to inform you that the theme also is working in Rhino 8 WIP. Just proceed with the same install instruction for Rhino 7 to get it running in Rhino 8 WIP.

I wish you a beautiful christmas and new year, stay healthy,
Daniel

Quick update here, Rhino 8 WIP is closed and the Theme can not anymore be imported into Rhino 8 due to system changes in Rhino 8. If I find a solution I’ll let you know.
The theme continues working as expected in Rhino 7.