Rhino 7 creating meshes when in shaded view

Hello,
I experienced a crash on a large file I am working on as practice. ever since, the file has become unusable, even earlier versions. everytime I make an edit or even move the display rhino is remaking all the meshes and geometries. This makes any small movement take around a minute to load and makes the entire file painful to work with. I am not the best at rhino, but I have no idea how I managed to break it so badly. I have never run into this before, so any help would be appreciated.
Tom

Adding to this after going back to the hidden backup file that still works. I am still very curious about what caused the problem so that I can avoid it in the future. I noticed that after the crash some of my polysurfaces had become bad objects, could this be what caused it?

Hi Tom - start Rhino in safe mode, then load the file - does that work? Then, check the render mesh sesttings, look for bad objects and save with all wireframe viewports - does it then open in regular Rhino, not safe mode? (Type ‘Safe Mode’ in the Windoes start menu to see the icon to start Rhino in safe mode)

-Pascal

Hello, I tried this three times on two different machines, the file still appears to be broken. It is always able to open, but something makes it very slow and it doesn’t appear to be the bad meshes anymore. thank you for the help anyway

Hi Tom - feel free to send the file to tech@mcneel.com, with a link back here in your comments, we’ll take a look.

-Pascal