Rhino 6 Performance Issue

(Jdrass) #1

I am having an issue with a number of machines and Rhino 6. The users are complaining that the scaling of shapes is slow and very laggy. When compared with Rhino 5, there is absolutely no lag. I have changed a number of video settings and updated the video drivers with no improvement. The hardware seems to exceed the program requirements. Does anyone have experience resolving these issues?

Precision T7600 Dual Xeon E5-2690 3.9GHz | 32GB Ram | Quadro K4200 | SSD
Precision M6800 i7-4810MQ 2.8GHz | 16GB | Quadro K4100 | SSD

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hello - can you describe in a little more detail what causes the problem? Is it scaling as in using the Scale commands? Can you provide a file that shows the problem (www.rhino3d.com/upload)?

-Pascal

(Jdrass) #3

I asked the users to provide a video of the issue and am waiting for that. When they show it to me, it looks like they are increasing / decreasing the size of an object. The cursor will stop moving and they will have to wait for the object scaling to catch up to the movement. In Rhino 5, there is no delay and the object scales in perfect timing with the cursor movement. We have the same results on existing models as well as newly created files.

(Brian Gillespie) #4

What version of Rhino are your users running? 6.10? 6.9?

(Jdrass) #5

Version 6 SR9
(6.9.18271.20591, 9/28/2018)

I’ll install 6.10 to see if that helps.

(Jdrass) #6

6.10 helped a little bit. The system that is most effected has a 27" Cintiq attached to it. We noticed that the lag was much greater on this screen compared to a normal 27" Dell monitor on one of the other computers. Again, in Rhino 5, there is no lag on any of the screens.

(Jdrass) #7

Following up on this. Any ideas?

(Brian Gillespie) #8

We made a fix in SR12 that might fix this; there will be an SR12 release candidate available next Tuesday.

(Jdrass) #9

I was able to Install SR11 today and didn’t notice any change. When is 12 available?

(Wim Dekeyser) #10

Hi - We ended up releasing a new Release Candidate for SR11 instead. The first Release Candidate for SR 12 should be available next Tuesday.