Rhino 6 and vray

I just installed rhino 6 but now vray has disappeared. I guess i have to put something somewhere but i am a bit in the dark here.

Kind regards, René

There is still no Vray 3.6 for Rhino 6. There are lots of questions about that on this forum. No dates at the moment !

I have 3.6 installed and working in vray. How can i migarte it to rhino 6?

You can’t at the moment. I have also Vray-3.6, Rhino 5 and 6. Vray 3.6 is just for Rhino 5. In few weeks Chaos Group will release a version for Rhino 6. Read the replies of Peter.Chaushev

“We expect to have a V-Ray 3.6 build for Rhino 6 released a week or two after the R6 commercial release and its public announcement (which according to our understanding hasn’t happened yet).”

Go to Chaos to check if version is ready for Rh6
https://download.chaosgroup.com

1 Like

Okay, thanks. I just have to wait for that then.

Yes waiting or converting to V5 to make some nice rendering with Vray :grinning:
For me Vray is almost the only reason to still use Rhino 5.

No public release date set :frowning:

I was really hoping for a positive surprise today, during Chaosgroup’s V-ray 3.6 webinar…
No luck there… * somewhat disappointed *

They said they were testing their V6 build internally, shouldn’t be long…

Thats a very relative guess though…

Hey Everyone. Is there any news here? The aniticipated release date came and went a little more than a month ago. I am anxiously awaiting.

According to our developers that are helping them, a Vray for Rhino V6 “is in beta”.
That’s all I’ve heard and that was yesterday.

1 Like

Just received this from Chaos Group:

Nice.

Hi guys! This is Gianluca…
Excuse for the intromission… maybe inappropriate to the topic…
I’ve a problem with Vray in Rhino6… does the dropper (to pick material from scene… as per Vray in 3dsMax) exist??
I don’t see it on the Vray Asset Editor…

I’ll wait for your help!
Many thanks

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca

better to post this on another topic. I do not know if such a feature exists in V-ray right now. At least i am not aware of it.
What it is exactly that you want to do?

Regards, René

What you can do is select an object and then go to the properties bar in Rhino. Select material and click on match. Then you select an object with the appropriate material and the first object will receive this material.
Does that solve your issue?

Or are you looking for a quick way to edit the material of an object? If yes, than it helps to select an object and press “edit” at the object properties. Now, the material is opened at the material editor.