Vray in Rhino 6 Beta

Can the Vray for Rhino 5 work if installed with the beta version?

Probably the same as other plugins it will only be released once rhino 6 is finished. Until then rhino 5 can only be used with vray.

A compatible V-Ray build will be made available once Rhino 6 is officially released.

Kind regards,
Peter Chaushev
V-Ray for Rhino QA
www.chaosgroup.com

Hi,

do you mean the version 3.6 ?

I tried to install it on Rhino V.6 but I don’t see the tab “V-RAY”

V-Ray 3.6 is only compatible with Rhino 5.
A v3.6 build for Rhino 6 is coming in the following weeks.

Kind regards,
Peter Chaushev
www.chaosgroup.com

5 Likes

Will it have the ability to create volumetric lighting in an interior scene - aka good rays through a window (c4d and 3ds Max can use Widgets, but Rhino Vray doesn’t have that)

An answer either way would save me a lot of research time trying to do it.

Thx

Yes, vray 3.6 has the option for environment fog :wink:

I would love to see a video tutorial on it. I understand it can be used to make mountains hazy in the background, but I can’t see a way to make it work for light passing through an interior window.

Some options seem to be similar in different vray, less option in Rhino, so example for 3ds, sketchup … could help a bit.
I tried for 10 min with Vray 3.6 on Rhino 5.
I made a simple room with 8 openings, room is 60 unit length, used a directional light outside, enable Volumetric environment, changed Fog distance to 300.

1 Like

Great will try it. Are the Units based on Rhino’s document Unit option? If not, what is the distance/height related to?

Thx

I just reopened Rhino 5, I don’t see unit for fog, but they are units (m) for Aerial perpective !!!
See this page for distance and height it will become clear.
https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VRAY3MAX/Environment+Fog+|+VRayEnvironmentFog

Distance for me is a sort of full opacity.
Height is the ceiling of the fog, no more fog on altitude

Except that is for 3DS Max. Doesn’t seem to work the same for Rhino.
Plus, wish they’d use Gizmos like every other software package

ah, got somethin going, thank you. If anyone understands the unit measurements, let us know please!

Hi Peter, Checking on this to see if you know if a v6 for Vray 3.6 will be available now that Rhino 6 is available. I’d like to upgrade to V6 soon. Thanks!

2 Likes

Would also love an update of expected release for rhino 6!

As I just mentioned in another thread, 3.60.02 is still in development. Will share info about the release date as soon as our internal builds are deemed completely stable.

Kind regards,
Peter Chaushev
V-Ray for Rhino QA
www.chaosgroup.com

6 Likes

Any news on this @Peter.Chaushev ? Current workflow is clumsy, switching back and forth between rhino 5 and 6, for vray. Can we expect something this month?

The v3.60.02 builds are in their final development phase. We’re hoping to have them out before the end of the month. Expect more info as soon as the update is fully polished.

Kind regards,
Peter Chaushev
V-Ray for Rhino QA
www.chaosgroup.com

4 Likes

V-Ray 3.60.02 is out now, available at http://download.chaosgroup.com/

Kind regards,
Peter Chaushev
V-Ray for Rhino, QA
www.chaosgroup.com

3 Likes