We already have Rh6 in the office and would like to exploit its modelling capabilities, but the lack of VRay is a little set back.
I thought (and tested it with some success) of the following workflow as a workaround.
- Setup layers with corresponding VRay materials in a Rh5 file.
- Open the file in Rh6 and model. Save file in Rh5 version.
- Open new file and set the work in progress file inside it as a work session.
- Render in this Rh5 session and keep modeling in the Rh6.
- Any change in the modell can be updated to the Rh5 session.
- In the Rh5 the assignment of the materials to the layers can´t be changed as it is a worksession, but any change made in the material will be applied to the render.
At the end is almost like using the Rh5 like a standalone renderer…
Anyone got a better solution while VRay comes out?