Rhino 6.9 Breaks Human's JustifiedText3D Scaling?

unhandled

Encountering an issue with the latest service release (6.9). GH file below for reference.

When I use the Human JustifiedText3D component’s default text scale of 0.25, the component computes in 0.1s or so. However, when I reduce the scale to very low values - .01 or less - the calculation time shoots up to 8.0s. The time to calculate doesn’t appear to behave linearly, either, with a large spike in calculation time around .0135. I also notice command-line activity with long calculation times with the readout:

Resolving curve endpoints… Press Esc to cancel
Creating graph… Press Esc to cancel

repeating until the definition runs to completion.

Did the 6.9 update alter the way that text scales or how Human might interact with text objects? I’ve rolled back my Rhino version to 6.8 and run the same file without issue.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated!

TextScaling_ErrorTest.gh (26.6 KB)

(Andrew Heumann) #2

this doesn’t surprise me… the latest updates to rhino 6 have involved a lot of changes to text entities that I haven’t accounted for in Human

(Andrew Heumann) #3

so this looks to be due to a pretty nasty hack I use to “justify” text… essentially at the time I wrote the component there was no way to get a reliable bounding box of text without exploding the text into boundary curves and taking the bounding box of those. I think I can fix this by scaling after the fact. (or maybe abandoning this approach altogether.) I’ll take a look…

(Andrew Heumann) #4

so I did a quick 'n dirty fix… this whole component needs an overhaul but at least it should fix the issue you’re seeing @pdelorey
Human.gha (416 KB)