Rhino 5 script (specifically rhinoscriptsyntax.GetPlugInObject) does not work in Rhino 6

Hi,

I had a script that automated my rendering process in Rhino 5 and Vray3. Since swapping to Rhino6 I can’t seem to get it to work. I think it is failing to work with the layerstate object i.e. the former Rhino Bonus Tools. Do you know how I could address this problem?

Kind regards,
Vlad

The error I get is

Message: Method not found: ‘Void Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ExceptionUtils.RemoveData(System.Exception, System.Object)’.

This will solve this issue:

http://developer.rhino3d.com/guides/rhinopython/python-troubleshooting-install/

Great, that did the job. Why is Rhino being shipped with that?

Also, how can I access change layer state now from rhinoscript. It doesn’t seem to be working under the new rhino 6

Rhino does not ship with Control-Panel installed IronPythons. Something else must have installed it.

Under Windows, the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) is the most important repository of .dlls of the system. If an assembly is there, it will always get priority and be found. That’s why installing IronPython with the GAC option overrides the version that Rhino should load.

What are you trying to access? Could you please start a new thread with that question and a non-working sample?

Regarding the new thread, will do! Thank you for your time and answers for this specific question!

1 Like