Rhino 5 can't read the Section Toolbar

Hi everybody,

I’ve tried to install the Section Toolbar Plug In for my Rhino 5 (64 bit) but Rhino is unable to load the Plug In. Wich is the problem? Can someone help me? Thanks a lot. Have a nice day!
GDB

@GDB90,

do you get an error ?

if this is an *.rhp file downloaded from the internet (SectionTools plugin), you might close Rhino, then right click on the *.rhp plugin file and choose Properties. At the lower end of the dialog beside the word Security, click the Unblock button as shown here. If you downloaded a zip file, do the same with it before unpacking its contents.

Any better ?

c.

Hi clement,
I have the same issue loading Section Tools and I try the way you suggested but cannot find the Unblock button… (see attached images)

I have try to install the plug-in as an admin as well but still not get it working…
Did I miss something?
Thanks,

tried to install section tools plugin today at work, getting the same error ?? is there a way to fix this ? tia

Same error me as well… just download plug-in, unblocked it and ran RH as Admin.

No luck.

Anyone have any additional suggestions?

J

I’ve tried to install the Section Tools plugin, I get an error when starting up Rhino, I have searched for an answer but to no avail :frowning:. I did find a related topic here, I get the same error pop up , is there a way to solve this and install properly ? tia :slight_smile:

Hello - what is the error message, exactly?

-Pascal

hi Pascal, if you follow the link I posted above I get the same error message as posted in that thread

Hello - I guess the first thing is to make sure you have the latest of each - Rhino 5, SR 14 and the latest section tools installer

https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest
http://www.rhino3d.com/download/SectionTools/1.0/wip/

@rajaa - any other thgouhts what might be amiss? The errors are the same as ones here-

-Pascal

@will is working on a similar problem. I think it is associated with the latest Beta. Any thoughts here Will?

Ah, V6? @milezee, are you working in the V6 Beta or V5?

-Pascal

hi Pascal, I shall check I have the latest version of Rhino 5 installed when I’m back in the office tomorrow.
How do I go about uninstalling/deleting the section tool plugin which is not loading, is there a place I can locate it ?

Hi @rajaa , do post here please if there is a solution to the problem :slight_smile:

@milezee is it possible that you are trying to install the SectionTools for V6, and try to load in V5?
You need to use the third download in the list here:

Hi Rajaa, thanks for the reply, I’m pretty sure I chose the Rhino 5 download, I shall try again when at work tomorrow. How do I uninstall the plugin which is giving me the error ? Is there a location I can find it and delete it ?

@milezee The Rhino Installer Engine will have installed the plug-in to %APPDATA%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins. To remove a plug-in, delete the directory that relates to the plug-in which you wish to remove.

@rajaa @will at my work desk this morning, just tried re-installing Section Tools, I still get the same error message popping up :frowning:

Hi @milezee .
If you open Rhino, you will not see the SectionTools menu up in the menubar, right? Now if you open the PluginManager, and look down the list of plugins. Do you see SectionTools? If you do, can you right click on it, then go to “properties”. Capture an image showing the path where Rhino is trying to load it from. Open that path in your computer, and see if it is in “%APPDATA%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins”. If not, delete the folder, then reinstall SectionTools.rhi.
Let me know if this is any help.

hi @rajaa , I don’t see it in the PlugInManager, have tried deleting and reinstalling, I just get the same error :frowning:

Did you try to load the plugin using PluginManager (then navigate to where SectionTools is installed)?

Hi Rajaa, I’m still getting an error loading section tools into Rhino 5, it has installed correctly into V6, I have no idea why this is ??