Revit Slab Edge

Hi guys,

Is anyone had luckily modelled the slab edge using Rhino Inside Revit?

It will be nice if we could have it as well?

Thanks.

The Slab Edge in the Revit UI is a profile family that is added to a particular edge. What is the scripted workflow you are envisioning?

I’ll see what we can do. This might work for one, but when feeding multiple floors with different edge counts and directions i’m not sure how this would be more efficient than the UI. Profiles are a Family and Type and would need to controlled as such.

1 Like

Hi Japhy, we only use this for slab on grade but not much on the suspended slab,
so one floor level is enough, cheers.

Here is someone applying a slabedge to the floors, nothing much as changed in the Revit Api in this regard. As you can see getting the edges requires analyzing the underlying geometry and is subject to underlying rules.

1 Like

Sketzjewel, This definition adds a slabedge to a floor slab.

re_Add_SlabEdge.gh (8.1 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Japhy! this is cool, kind regards.

Nice @Japhy

This is great… Is it possible to have it work with a selected number of Edges?

We do have a Element Geometry References component but its not returning the particular element needed in the scripted environment. Now that we have that component we might be able to add a real native Slab Edge component.

I’m not seeing an easy way to do this via scripting where we can select/filter the appropriate edges.

Could you select the geometry edges from?

Graphical Element (Floor) - Host Faces - Top - Brep - Brep Edges

No they need to ComputedReferences, which is what we are getting out of Element Geometry References (to work on annotations), but notice that they all have the parent Element ID. Feeding these into the scripted component doesn’t work, there aren’t methods available to deal with edges.

We need a Slab Edge Component that will take the Element Geometry References & scripting methods exposed for edges.

The Element Geometry References allow us to see what edges are being selected, so part way there.

1 Like