Hi again Pascal, I think i’ve managed to follow the steps correctly
I realised in the process of experimenting with this that what I really need to do is build the three dimensional form of the petals (not just the curves) and then paste the 3d pattern back on.
These are the steps I tried to do this:
First off I followed your first 5 steps
- Shrink the surfaces (ShrinkTrimmedSrf)
- I split the front straight surface in the center and shrunk the halves, to control where the seam point is on the reaulting closed surface when the next few steps are done.
- MergeSrf each pair of surfaces, all the way around - Smooth=No.
- Rebuild the result to a good point count - I used 50 by 10, degree 3.
- Unroll Srf: “Unrolling doubly curved surfaces will produce inaccurate results.”
- Smash>Unroll Srf
This is what results:
As I understand it, the shape of the unrolled surface needs to be straight into order to produce the 3D pattern, so i’m wondering if you or anyone else could tell me how I may achieve this?
thanks for reading, and thanks again for your help.