Relay wires opened in GH 0.9

Hi @DavidRutten,

I just tried out the new relay function in Rhino6 Beta - works very nice. The only problem is, when you open the function back in GH 0.9.0076 it gives you a unrecognized objects warning (which I was expecting) and deletes the wire. Would it be possible to turn the relay-wire back into a regular wire while opening it in GH 0.9?

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve been trying to come up with a way to make this forward compatible, but haven’t been able to. I’ll do some more thinking but in the end it just may be yet another thing available in 1.0 that will not work on 0.9.

Wire Relays are awesome! Thank you!

I usually work in 5.0 for backward compatibility with students, but I was tooling around in gh in 6 Beta today, and accidentally discovered the Wire Relays.

It’s a small thing, but I am an absolute stickler for wire management, so it’s a cleaner, simpler way to achieve what in 5.0 I have to go to great lengths to do, which is use a LOT of Parameters to keep my canvas clean. So THANKS, it’s a great feature!

So… after I learned C#, I was going to write this myself, but now that I see that I am not alone in being a wire management enthusiast, any experienced programmers interest in banging together a simple component that does nothing but pass values through, like a “patch bay?” Simply take the inputs in one side and put them out the other, just used to keep things aligned as you bring a series of values into a new set of operations…

Heck, even more nifty would be something like the attached image… a component that could patch together, then “unpatch” a series of inputs… Just a thought.

It’s called a “list”. :wink:

// Rolf

Granted. Yes of course. LOL.

The list is the easy part. I mean for example a component that would automatically populate the proper parameters at the other end, or at least indicate the type of output short of having to hover over it or plug into a panel. Just a time saver…

Duane have you tried Telepathy?

You might like it!

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the reply. I literally just downloaded it yesterday, was going to check it out soon.
I also am going to try out Objectify, which I also just found yesterday as well.

Wow Objectify looks very interesting. Thanks very much for that link Duane.

It doesn’t disable any flow of data. Just splits the wire.