Raster is 1inch in front of another yet is hidden

Hi,
v5
rasters dont respond to BringToFront so one needs to place them one in front of the other.
However having done that its still sitting behind.

Now what do I do ?

Steve

Maybe start by posing a simple example and the raster images the file references.

Hello- Draw order commands apply to curves, hatches and annotations.

-Pascal

Hi,
file attached,

I am, as said, using placement to dictate view order, the smaller jpg should show in front of the tall rectangle one as its IN FRONT, but it refuses to.
raster order display order.3dm (8.6 MB)
Uploading: raster pics.zip…

Steve

Hi Steve -

As Pascal said, this only works for curves, hatches, and annotations.
-wim

Hi,
So how do I get the smaller square raster to show in front of the tall thinner one ?

I recall being told to not use BringToFront as that is for curves solids etc and to place the rasters in the view order., only a few weeks ago if that.

Steve

Hi -

You’ll have to move it up in the worlds Z direction.
-wim

Hi,
as these are ‘on a tabletop’ so to speak, in top view, the front view had both as one yellow line, I moved the one forward of the other one, as if looking at the table from the side and levitating the one. I did so as can be seen in front view. In top view that move is Z isnt it ?

Please place the smaller one (square one) one where it should go in Z axis so I can see in which view I need to move it.

they need to be same shape one over the other, but the smaller on top.

Steve

Yes, but you put the smaller one at the bottom:
2022-09-22 Picture On Top

-wim

Hi,
um ?
In front view the wider yellow line corresponds to the wider raster, and I dragged it down screen from the X axis about an inch. so I cant see how …ah wait a minute, if they were in front view and I did such in top view I would be dragging it ‘off the wall’ and towards me. as they are in top view , the front view is like looking at the table edge and dragging downwards is taking it through the table surface to table undersides, as you show, so I should have gone upwards. :roll_eyes:

I did what normally works for images in front view,

aha.

my fault.

Cheers

Steve